[pmmail-list] Substitute Text Editor

Kenn Yuill pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 06:47:58 -0400 (EDT)

Trevor,

Well, something is really weird.
Is this behaviour a limitation of the program?

I have PMMail/2 installed in the directory
E:\Internet\MailNews\BPS\PMMail.  I would not think that this structure
would present a problem to the program, since it can find
E:\Internet\MailNews\BPS\PMMail\TEMP without difficulty.

Or am I misreading the intention here of "Edit the body of this message
externally?  Does this mean that a message can ONLY be edited
externally, while composing a response?
If so, this Icon should be removed from the "Message Read Window" and
be renamed "Compose a message externally" for the "Message Composer",
so that we would know that the external editor is substituting for the
internal one.  I am aware that this setting is available under "Account
Settings -> Editor".

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 07:00:52 -0300, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001 22:11:40 -0400 (EDT), Kenn Yuill wrote:

>  I'm trying out the 2380 demo. and any editor that I have tried
(Kon,
>EPM or FlexEdit) to edit a message externally works without incident
>but changes to the message are not saved after the first successful
>edition.  I'll have to try deleting any previous files, TEMP.BOD &
>TEMP.HDR in the TEMP folder, before trying to edit a second time
during
>one session of PMM.
>If this behaviour is a limitation of the demo. version, I missed any
>reference to it.

No, it should not be a limitation of the demo.

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support

  Always act as if life is a joyous journey.
    Kenn Yuill    Warp 4.0/FP10    Java 1.18
        PMMail/2 2.1 Demo.  Opera 3.6 (Win-OS/2)
            The Beautiful Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada