[pmmail-list] Import Netscape Address books? Yes

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 07:01:43 +0200 (MES)

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:29:40 -0700, Clueless in Seattle wrote:

> If I've correctly understood the features list on the PMMail web page;
> the address book files from Netscape Messenger 4.75 cannot be imported
> into PMMail.  Is that really the case?

  No. The Netscape address book can be imported, but it needs some
manual intervention, and the help message explaining the steps is
displayed only once and then never again.

  The trick is to export the address book from Netscape to LDIF
format, to give it the name ABOOK.LDIF and place it in the
same directory under USER where the file PAB.NA2  is to be found (the
name for this file is ABOOK.NAB in Netscape 4.0)

  This is a directory under the user profile you want to convert.
This has to be done before the actual migration process is being
started.

   I have written this already in a message in July, which
should be available in the mailing list archive one of the
participants in this mailing list has set up.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main
/ Lueko.Willms@T-Online.de