[pmmail-list] Sending mails

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 22:04:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 23:07:54 +0100 (MEZ), Jan Herwig wrote:

>Hi,
>I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet: If I write an email1 and the connection is down it is placed in the Outbox. If I then dialup and
>write an email2 and click on send, it is sent but email1 stays in the Outbox. The Outbox turns from red to it's normal colour despite of
>the unsent message it contains. This has resulted in mails not being sent for days and is quite annoying. Is there a solution to this
>problem?

I haven't seen this problem, but I can take a guess at what might be
happening.  I'm guessing that you have PMMail set up to send messages
immediately instead of sending them first to the Outbox.  If a message
ends up in the Outbox because you lost your connection then unless you
have PMMail set up to automatically send any messages in after a fetch,
you will have to click on the leftmost icon or push F5 or select
Message->Send from the menu bar to send it.  Your Outbox folder turns
red because its folder settings are set up to indicate the presence of
any mail, i.e. your unsent message.  Once that message is sent and it's
empty again, it will return to its normal color.

Ralph Cohen