[pmmail-list] Sending mails

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 17:02:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jimmy,

>I haven't seen the code for this, but I do not believe that this is a bug with this behavior for the Outbox (or the Drafts folder were it occurs as well), but rather was by design.  If other folders had this action occurring I would definitely admit it as a bug.

Nice spin, but any folder that doesn't respect its settings is a bug.
If these folders are not supposed to be able to have the "Folder Icon
Indicates Any Mail" option deselected, then it should be selected and
greyed out or not available at all.  Since neither is the case, this
is, by any definition, a bug.

>I doubt many of you make a regular habit of browsing through the drafts or the Outbox as you would for the other folders within the account.   It appears to me that the default 'red' status for these two folders is to serve as a safety or reminder of uncompleted mail to either:
>
>A.  Indicate a possible error with your outgoing mail server and that your mail may be backing up
>
>B.  Indicate that a message reply was not yet completed.  (since afterall once a reply is begun the original message status switches to 'replied')

That may well be, but as I stated above, the option for those two
folders should not exist or should not be changeable if they will not
be honored.

Ralph