[pmmail-list] Moving Emails via REXX

Dr. Martin R. Hadam pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 17:52:32 +0100

 I'm currently developing a rexx-based routine to validate email
addresses entered from a website: as usual, the submitter is sent a
coded email to the address provided which needs to be returned by the
submitter for the validation purposes.

 All this is working as anticipated with PMMAIL handling the incoming
confirmations via REXX and finally moving the email to a "processed"
folder.

 There is one problem with error handling, though: When the database is
down or inaccessible for some reason, processing should be stopped and
those files should not move to the "processed" folder. It could then be
easily seen when "unprocessed" and "unread" files accumulate in the
inbox.

 While I can cope in my rexx script with the situation, I don't see how
to *conditionally* change/abolish a "move" directive in the filter. Is
that possible, after all? Or do I have to go write my own error routine
including logging (and reprocessing) of all relevant files? Or is there
a like solution already out that I do not know about?

 Thanks in advance for any feedback.

 Martin

 Martin R. Hadam
 Kinderklinik - Medizinische Hochschule