[pmmail-list] base64 attachment?

Joachim Selinger pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 21:42:24 +0200 (CDT)

Hi Randy!

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001 10:48:27 -0400 (EDT), Randy Fowler wrote:
>On Thu, 25 Oct 2001 11:31:46 +0200 (MET DST), Frank Winkler - Sun Germany
>REOS - Munich wrote:
>
>>In general. PMMail should decode base64 attachment without any problems
>>since this is the standard MIME encoding. Maybe there is an error within
>>the header lines ... ? Haven't checked it in detail ...
>
>Hi Frank,
>
>Yes, at first glance, it appears that the header is incomplete.  I will
>just manually edit the message header from the OS/2 command line to see if
>that's it.

Not quite. There are certain uncertainties concerning the
required fields in MIME attachments and PMMail is not
very flexible in detecting all the information there is.
E.g. it doesn't decode PGP attachments correctly and often
doesn't get the right names for attachments.

I was hoping for a long time that this will be fixed.

I think it got better with the betas but it isn't perfect
yet.

Yours
Jocki