[pmmail-list] Icons lost ?!

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 05 Sep 2001 19:55:48 +0200 (MES)

On Wed, 05 Sep 2001 13:48:49 -0400 (EDT), Bruce Francis wrote:

> >>And why doesn't it work if pix are associated with PMView inside PMMail?
> >
> >Because the associations mechanism in PMMail has been broken for years.
>
> This is so true!  I was going back thru my personal archives, and found a
> thread of msgs to/from BoB on this topic.... dated Feb. 4, 1997.

  I followed the advice to remove the entries for JPEG and GIF in
PMMail/2's "MIME Associations" ... and then it worked correctly!

  It is of course a good idea to use the systemwide defaults, and
therefore I am satisfied with the result, but I am really at odds why
PMMAil tries to start a WinOS/2 program when the program configured
in PMMail is unequivocally an OS/2-PM program!

  For other associations the program I configured in PMMail is
actually called (Star Office for DOC, XLS, and other office files).

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main
/ Lueko.Willms@T-Online.de