[pmmail-list] Message Receive Interval [Was: PMMail mystery process pegs CPU]

Richard Knapp pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 03 Sep 2001 22:09:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 04 Sep 2001 07:36:32 -0400 (EDT), quaero@myrealbox.com wrote:

>>I know there is/was a development issue with making the field accept values larger than 3600 (however, this is wrong
>>since you can enter larger values and they will be saved, just not displayed the next time you open the account
>>settings...
>>an issue that has yet to be addressed.)

>Could you please elaborate on the above?  I was unaware that one can
>actually set the time limit beyond 3600 seconds.  Does it really work?

You can type in rather large values (I've used 21600 or 6 hours before), however, if you do _anything_ to the account
settings after that, the darn value gets dropped to 30 (!) seconds. It seems if anything should happen, it should go to
3600.

I was told when I requested this change before (at least three times now) the reason was due to people using earlier
versions of OS/2 that didn't support enough room in the data type for large values. To me, that seems odd since larger
values do work; they just aren't preserved when account settings are changed.

	- Richard