[pmmail-list] Fwd: Re: Debugging PMMail CPU bug?

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 03 Sep 2001 11:29:58 +0200 (MES)

On Sun, 02 Sep 2001 16:09:56 -0400 (EDT), quaero@myrealbox.com wrote:

> As a tangent, this is one area where I *strongly* believe could be
> improved upon.  I have recently tried MR/2 ICE and to my surprise, the
> "timed retrieval" feature could be set in "hours" instead of mere
> seconds (max=1 hr).

   I think this automatic retrieval makes sense only in a workgroup
on a LAN, not with a Server reachable only via dial-up.

   I have set up several PMMail clients with a VPOP3 mail server
(which does dial up and collects mail from various POP3-mailboxes) on
one LAN where the PMMail clients collect mail from the server about
every three minutes, so enabling a nearly real-time communication
between the people in the office.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main