[pmmail-list] PMMail mystery process pegs CPU

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 03 Sep 2001 02:35:47 -0400 (EDT)

EXACTLY!
This is part of the reason for my ranting a couple of weeks ago.  No
response from BSW to what seemed to be a reasonable request!

It seems that this MailList and most other methods of communication
with BSW are ONE-WAY.  I will say that, direct messages to Trevor
usually result in a direct response.  But, that said, there is no
reason why a message of general interest or a response to a posted
MailList issue should not rate a public response.

Back when I first began using PMMail, there was a well advertised and
supported URL that provided, "Known bugs..."  I cannot find such a URL
now!

Like Ralph, I will never install a beta level from BSW.  I might have
done so with Southside Software, but absolutely not now... even if
there is a fix stated to a problem I am having.  I am too concerned
about all the problems that I don't know about, but that may already be
known to BSW.

I do not use PMMail/2 as part of a hobby or just fun or for "surfing
the Web."  My E-Mail is a critical part of my business.  And, when I
pay for a package that is supposed to have support, I don't think it is
unreasonable to expect, at a minimum, a list of known problems and the
intent of the vendor to fix or ignore the problem.  Yes, "ignore" is an
acceptable response.  Not because it is acceptable to ignore problems,
but at least then I will know that the problem is not going to be
fixed.  Then, if the problem creates an unacceptable situation, I can
investigate alternative tools.  [And, an alternative business to which
I will send my money in the future!]  All I want to know is where I
stand!  I do not think this is asking too much.

Carl