[pmmail-list] Share Address Book

Rod... Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:38:08 +1000 (EST)

On Sun, 09 Sep 2001 08:08:58 -0400, Michael Lueck wrote:

>I have been requiesting a LAN ready version of PMMail for years, and have
>offered consulting time to the developers to help design the product. Nothing
>has happened. If you interested in such a beast, please voice your vote to the
>developers so that maybe there will someday be a solution inbetween PMMail for
>small needs and Notes for large needs.

I've been requesting some action on Address books for ages too :(

Given that you can buy IBM Small Business Suite for Linux here for
$AUD1200 (about $600 USD) including Domino, DB2, Websphere App Svr, IBM
HTTPserver (Apache based) with a software installer that feeds apps to
Linux, w9x, win2k, NT boxes across the lan and comes with Notes clients
and Lotus Millenium SS ready to mass install (price per seat licence,
of course) is it any wonder I am losing PMmail business?

I have a client with 10 PMM licences looking at 5 more but they figure
that ($AUD prices) 5*80=400 that 400 dollars would be better spent
moving to Notes.

Sad but true.

From the land "down under": Australia.
Do we look <umop apisdn> from up over?