[pmmail-list] Share Address Book

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:03:05 -0300

On Sun, 09 Sep 2001 08:35:23 -0400, Mike Kilroy wrote:

>So, again, a network version would be nice - or just as nice to me would be a SEMI-NETWORK version: allow us to tell where the TOOL directory is and SHARE it ONLY would be sufficient. Perhaps this would be easy enough to do to make it happen? What cha think Trevor?

I think it is unlikely that this will be implemented in the next few
months. *I* am not a programmer but I suspect that network
cooperation would not be a trivial undertaking. Yes, yes, I'm sure
it's just "a few lines of code" but changing the basic intent of the
software is bound to introduce unforseen issues so I doubt it will be
undertaken lightly.

But we *are* aware that people want to use the software that way
(even though it was not designed to be run that way and we don't
recommend it) so we are considering ways to improve.

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support