[pmmail-list] Filter for detecting HTML

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 20:43:59 -0700 (PDT)

My reply to message from Kenneth Porter sent on
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 04:43:21 -0700. You wrote:

>What does the Reply-to stuff on the last line do? And why the 'b=""' ?

(b.subtype="html" | a.subtype="html" |
(b.subtype="mixed" | b.subtype="alternative") & b="<html>") &
(h.Fromid="$h.Reply-to$" | h.Reply-to="")

This was clipped from my list of filters as an example of html filtering.
Sorry about the deletion error. The Reply-to stuff isn't needed for html
filtering. It checks for From and Reply-to email addresses being the same.
This usually indicates personal mail rather than 'spam' mail. It also
checks for a null Reply-to address. Spam mail generally has a Reply-to
address and it is usually different than the From address.

This filter has been used quite effective for personal mail in html
format.