[pmmail-list] Optional Field in a Canned Reply

Steve Marvin pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 20:37:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 03:08:28 -0400 (EDT), Carl Gehr wrote:

>I guess I'm dumb, but I cannot determine from the Help Text how to have
>an _optional_field_ in a canned reply.  Using the sample "Customized
>Forward" suggested here in a previous thread, I would like to only
>include a line with the "cc:" field IF and ONLY IF the "cc:" of the
>message being forwarded is NOT_Blank.  I have done a lot of
>trial-and-LOTS-of-error and gotten nowhere!
>
>Here is the basic sequence.  I'd like to add the optional 'cc' line
>after the 'To:' line.
>
>To: $h.To$
>From: $h.From$
>Date: $h.Date$
>Subject: $h.Subject$

Simple way is to have two canned reply's, one with cc one without.
When using the Customized Forward method, you are looking at
the message and can determine which one to use based on whether
there is anything in the Cc: box.