[pmmail-list] My request for a recently discussed enhancement

David Azarewicz pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 16:16:16 -0700 (PDT)

Something related to this was recently discussed in this list.  Here is the request I
made a couple of years ago, and the response.

David

From: "PMMail/2 Support" <pmmailos2@southsoft.com>
To: "David Azarewicz" <dazar@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 09:17:57 -0400
Subject: Re: Request for new options

Hi

Thanks for the good ideas.  I will pass them on to the programmers for them to add
to their to-do list.

Thanks
Dave

On Mon, 24 May 1999 15:13:32 -0700 (PDT), David Azarewicz wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I would like to be able to set certain options based on what
>email address I am sending to.  The options I would like to
>specify (in the address book probably) are:  security options
>such as encrypt & sign, word wrap, and signature.
>
>The MOST important things to me are:
>
>1.  To be able to setup PMMail to encrypt every message sent to
>a specified address, so that I don't have to remember to click
>the option every time.  In other words, I want to specify "every
>time I send a message to MyGirlfriend@somewhere.com, encypt it
>automatically."
>
>2.  To be able to setup PMMail to send a specific signature to a
>specified address, so I don't have to remember to click the
>option every time.  In other words, I want to specify, "every
>time I send a message to MyBoss@work.com, use the WorkPromo
>signature."
>
>The reason for these options is that 98% of the messages get the
>defaults as defined, but 2% of "known" addresses need to get
>special options, every time, without my having to remember.
>
>Thanks,
>David
>-----
>David Azarewicz  dazar@ibm.net
>http://www.os2ss.com/users/dazar/
>
>OS/2: For when good enough, isn't.

PMMail/2 Support                   pmmailos2@southsoft.com
SouthSoft, Inc.                    http://www.southsoft.com
         PMMail now for OS/2 AND Windows 95/NT (3.51+)
**new -->    Version 2.0 of PMMail for OS/2 now out
         Version 2.01 of PMMail 98 for Win95/NT now out

-----
David Azarewicz  david@deltasys.org
http://www.deltasys.org/david

There can be no true health care reform until the service
providers stop treating people like patients and start treating
them like customers.  -- David Azarewicz 1994