[pmmail-list] PMMail doesn't generate Message-Id

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:39:00 -0300

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001 15:21:58 +0200, Gunnar Anzinger wrote:

>But only if the mail server of your ISP generates Message-IDs. If I send a
>message to myself it will never get a Message-ID, because the mail server
>of my ISP does not generate them. I tried to convince my ISP to change
>this, but they tell me (depending on who you ask) either that this should
>be done by the mail client or that Message-IDs are not neccessary.

Interesting. I didn't think mail servers could send a message without
that line and still have it be RFC compliant. Unfortunately I believe
the RFC is unclear about which piece of software is required to
insert the line, the mail client or the server.

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support