[pmmail-list] PGP problem, maybe new, maybe old

Steve Marvin pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 19:28:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:21:18 -0300, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

>On Tue, 18 Sep 2001 14:10:02 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:
>
>>No, I had thought that they keys were sent as part of the text, but
>>actually the .asc file was sent as an attachment. Hence PMMail did not
>>look inside the attachment to see what was there. I suppose it would be
>>useful if the OpenPGP standard were followed, I often find that RFC2015
>>(I think) compliant mailers produce a format for signatures and keys
>>that PMMail doesn't recognise.
>
>I do not understand the complaint. What do you mean, "PMMail did not
>look inside the attachment to see what was there"? At what point is
>PMMail expected to "look inside" an attachment? When you double-click
>the attachment, right? Did you do that and have it fail?
>
>Regarding sending as an attachment or sending as part of the text, do
>you prefer the latter? Are you saying that it is part of an RFC to
>send a key as part of the body?

RFC 2015 specifies format and tags for sending encrypted, signed,
signed-encrypted and pgp keys as body parts. The tag for a pgp-key
is:

RFC 2015 is not a standard but is on the standards track.