[pmmail-list] PMMAIL 2.20.2380 file corruption (forwards with attachments)

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 06:32:04 +0200 (MES)

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:46:41 -0300, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

> >I have the option checked, but to be honest, I have NO IDEA what
> >	"...Verify Attachment Decode..."
> >really means.  The Help text does not provide any interpretation.  To
> >me, 'verifications' are usually good.  So, I left it as it was.  What
> >have I requested?
>
> If you receive a message with an attachment named "file.txt" and you
> open it, it is saved in your TEMP folder. If you later receive
> another message with an attachment of identical name, PMMail will ask
> you if it should show you the previously saved file (in your TEMP
> folder) or if it should decode this (possibly new) attachment.

  It seems that in the case of forwarding, PMMail does not ask, but
silently renounces to overwrite the file.

  Which creates the problems being described here.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main
/ Lueko.Willms@T-Online.de