[pmmail-list] PMMAIL 2.20.2380 file corruption (forwards with attachments)

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 06:46:53 +0200 (MES)

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001 22:44:08 -0700 (PDT), Kris Sorem Sr wrote:

> BTW, I suggest reviewing your account settings. Do you have account
> settings=> prompts=>Verify Attachment Decode When Duplicate Filename
> Exists 'checked'?

  Maybe unchecking this switch is better -- since the problem is that
the second instance of the same name does not overwrite the first one
with the same name and so causes the second forwarding to include the
first's message attachment.

  I can't find it right now, but wasnt there a configuration setting
which controlled detaching attachments on incoming mail, i.e. have it
automatically detached into a specific directory or not.

> The designers of PMMail chose to detach and reattach an attachment as part
> of forwarding a message. I don't see the need to do this but I haven't
> studied the problem in depth. I haven't encountered your 'bug?'.

   How about a workaround:

   A filter for outgoing before send which deletes the attachment
from the temp directory.

   I imagine a REXX script which reads the TEMP directory into a
Stem. and deletes all files except those TEMP.* and BOD.*

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main
/ Lueko.Willms@T-Online.de