[pmmail-list] Opening attachments in word processor (new topic)

Hazen Woods pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 10:08:02 -0500 (CDT)

HI all!

I am using PMMail/2 beta 2.20.2300.  In all but one respect I can click
on an attachment in PMMail/2 and the file will open with the
appropriate word processing software depending
on the extension.  eg. if *DOC the file opens to Word for windows 3.1;
if *.TXT it opens to EEE.exe; same for other, EXCEPT for Describe.  If
the extension calls for Describe I get error message

  "An error has occurred within PMMail/2"
  "Information: Please check external program settings and try the
operation again"

What I know, or think I know :-)  ---
 1.  The association is correct  since the attachment appears with the
DeScribe icon.
 2.   If  DeScribe is open when I double click on the attachment it
will open without a problem.
 3.  My workaround is to make sure I open DeScribe and then open the
attachment.  Interestingly in this case the attachments in a <second>
DeScribe window. ???

And then today!!  I opened an attachment within which was a second
attachment which was a word file calling for DeScribe,. When I double
clicked   on the DeScribe icon with no other Describe window opened,
the file opened without any error.

My earlier thought was that there is a parameter missing in the way I
have associated PMMail/2 and Describe.  Does anyone know what that
missing parameter might be?

Now, however I am without a clue as to why when the attachment is
within an attachment the problem does not exist.

TIA and best regards,

Hazen Woods
Austin, TX
Sent to you at Warp 4 speed (FP 11) via PMMail/2 v. 2.20.2300 (beta)
Member of POSSI and VOICE
Message text