[pmmail-list] PMMAIL 2.20.2380 file corruption (forwards with attachments)

Paul Ratcliffe pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 00:32:20 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001 07:58:03 +0200 (MES), Lueko Willms wrote:

>  No, the various programs activated for viewing and processing an
>attached file are NOT part of a package called PMMail.

Agreed.

>I don't think
>any one of those programs has a mechanism to tell a master task that
>it has ended and the master task is free to delete the files being
>used.

They don't as such because they don't need to. This facility is built
into the operating system, which is where it should be. Whichever call
PMMail uses to start the child process (and I would guess it is the
DosStartSession() API) will have some method of being notified when
said child process ends and that is the time to do the cleanup.