[pmmail-list] Fwd: Questions From (Fairly) New PMMail User

Philip Alade Ajofoyinbo pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 18:44:22 -0700

>From: "Philip Alade Ajofoyinbo" <eyeofmind@loop.com>
>To: "pmmail-list@blueprintsoftware.com" <pmmail-list@blueprintsoftware.com>
>Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 22:06:29 -0700
>Subject: Questions From (Fairly) New PMMail User

Hi, listers:

One of the first messages I downloaded since subscribing to this list
yesterday was from someone asking about an archive of previously posted messages--
so as to avoid annoying seasoned listers by, as it were, re-presenting
questions that had been settled for all time (my phrasing)!  Well, I,
too, would like to be pointed toward such an archive.  In the meantime,
however, I have a couple of pressing issues regarding which I need to
put forth a call for help immediately.

First, I have been so impressed with PMMail's message-organizing
capabilities that I can hardly wait to complete the task of consolidating
all of my piles of e-mail scattered among various programs.  Yes,
I have migrated the ones that PMMail (2.20.2380) knows how to "immigrate"
automatically.  This, however, leaves out ProComm Plus For Windows (v.
4.7), now under the Symantec label, and Communicate! Pro (v. 2.0), a
product of Communique Labratories in Canada.  Both of these packages
are of the "integrated" variety--they do data, fax, e-mail, etc.  But,
of course, it's only the e-mail messages/contact info that I'm interested
in migrating into PMMail 2000.  Has anyone come up with a workaround
the absence of native smarts in PMMail for importing from these apps?
A pre-purchase inquiry left me with the impression that Blueprint
Software Works decides on which new features to implement based
(solely?) on the number of users, potential or current, who would find
such additions useful.

BTW, both packages mentioned above use DBase-format databases for
storing/handling data, although each has a proprietary system for naming
message files.  An evaluation version of Communicate! Pro can be downloaded
from 01com.com.  I'm not sure that something similar is available for
ProComm Plus.

Any and all helpful responses will be appreciated, off-list, perhaps.  I
hope PMMail's development team monitor this here list.  Hint, hint!
Thank y'all!

Philip