[pmmail-list] questions about corrupting resources

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 04 Apr 2002 15:13:46 -0800

Hello, I just got a new power supply, a few months ago, and I've
started to notice there's a fan slowing down in my computer, and the
reason why I bring this up, is because there was a discussion about pm
mail possibly corrupting resources in windows.  I purchased pm mail,
less than 3 months after I got my computer, in 1999, and noticed this
same problem after registering pm mail version 2010, and wonder if it
has been a continual problem with varrious versions of pm mail
corrupting resources?  It doesn't make sense that software would cause
this, but I wonder if the fans, and power supply, etc., are controlled
by elements in windows, so that if a program corrupted resources, then
the computer's performance would be affected?  I'm using windows 98 se,
pm mail version 2475, 192 megs of ram, and a 400 megs processor.  Just
curious, because if this has been an ongoing problem with pm mail, it
needs to be corrected, I'm shutting down, as the computer is making
awful noises.
Marty