[pmmail-list] trash may not be deleted

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 00:50:08 -0700

Hi list, I was doing a virus scan, because of a file that was possibly
corrupted that I downloaded, and I noticed that Norton spent a lot of
time on the pm mail trash.fld for my account, and I think that part of
that is that I have an archived folder of my account should something
happen, but I've noticed, that with this installation of windows,
folders are taking much longer to delete, such as the sent folder,
etc., and though the trash folder can appear empty, is there the
possibility that somehow, the messages aren't being deleted, but being
put in a temporary folder somewhere, and that pm mail should
automatically delete them, but, may not be doing so?  My Norton is
taking over an hour to do a virus scan, but it use to take much less
time than this, about 30, or 40 minutes, but yesterdays scan took an
hour and 12 minutes, and if there is a problem with the trash folder,
is there a way to re-initialize it, if it isn't functioning propperly?
Sorry for being vague, but I can't think of any other situation for
this.
Marty