[pmmail-list] Sounds no longer playing in 2.20.2300

Andreas Ludwig pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:38:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:51:44 +0200 (MSZ), Boris Kirkorowicz wrote:

>after installing a new sound card (correctly: after changing the
>complete PC with different sound hardware onboard after a mainboard
>disaster) there is no sound anymore when an email arrives. I had to
>change the default device to Digital Audio 2 in MM configuration (in
>system config folder), and I had to explicitly tell PLAY.CMD to use
>device waveaudio to play wave files.

Do you still need Digital Audio 1 ? If not, you can deinstall it by
reinstalling the driver for the second Audio card and choosing '0' if
asked how many of this cards you have, then so the same thing with the
drivers for the old audio card. The reinstall the new -> it becomes
DA1.

(I was doing this after I accidentally installed the wrong drivers on
my notebook, thanks to Mensys I figured out how to get rid of the old
DA1)

Best regards

Andreas

--

Andreas Ludwig
from the beautiful town of Vienna (Austria)