[pmmail-list] Read/Return Receipt

Boris Kirkorowicz pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 11:53:21 +0200 (MSZ)

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:02:25 +0100, Paul Hodges wrote:

>>  My experience: there is a menu item Options -> Return Receipt but it
>>  doesn't work.
>
>There are several different schemes for Return Receipts, and I
>suspect that PMMail, like most, only supports one of them, and that
>not one that has an RFC.

I played somewhat with it and found a quite simple setup:

1. create a canned reply named "Return Receipt":
   ==============================CUT==============================
   Vielen Dank für Ihre Nachricht "$h.subject$" an $c.acctname$.
   Thank you for sending a message "$h.subject$" to $c.acctname$.
   ==============================CUT==============================

2. set up a filter:
   ==============================CUT==============================
   -Description-------------------------------------------------
   ReturnReceipt                                       [x] Enabled

   -(*) Simple --( ) Complex------------------------------------

   Search <Header>
   For    Return-Receipt-To:

   No Connective

   For

   -Type--------------------------------------------------------
   [x] Incoming    [ ] Outgoing    [ ] Outgoing    [x] Manual

   Open message
   Play Sound                     Attention.wav
   Send canned reply              Return Receipt
   Set status                     Replied/Forwarded
   Inform User

That's it.

Gruß                              Greetings
          Boris Kirkorowicz