[pmmail-list] Receive settings password - where stored

Xav pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 16:24:48 +0100

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 11:01:10 -0400, John Swartzentruber wrote:

>>I suppose I will just go and visit, dial up, and adjust the password.
>
>I'd be very surprised if you could do this without entering the old
>password. This is to prevent someone from doing exactly what you want
>to do (albeit in the case where the changer would not have permission
>of the user where in your case you do).

Perhaps I did not explain too well.   Her ISP will allow customers to acees their mail account from another account, but purely to receive NOT post.   To set that up, you create another password purely for collecting
email.  The main dial up password remains the same.  So what I can do, is visit her, use her machine and dial in to her ISP, then change the "remote collection" password.

Regards,

Xav.