[pmmail-list] Receive settings password - where stored

Steve Marvin pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 14:48:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 16:26:17 +0100, Xav wrote:

>On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 09:41:23 -0500 (CDT), John Thompson wrote:
>
>>I use the serial line sniffer (pmlm.exe, from the SIO package) to capture
>>what's going through the serial port.
>
>Is there the equivalent of this to grab it from an ehernet connection ? (I have ADSL).

if you are using the os/2 version and want to retrieve the password,
in a cmd box 'iptrace lan0' *substitute lan1 lan2 as necessary. Force
PMMail to logon and retrieve mail. Press any key in the cmd box to
stop iptrace, 'ipformat >tracefile.txt' and edit the tracefile.txt
looking for "USER " and "PASS " commands. The password is in plain
text.