[pmmail-list] Filter Request

PMMail 2000 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:49:51 -0400

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:39:39 -0400, Michael Rowe wrote:

> I read somewhere that there is a way to filter
>and say only people who are in her address book can be allowed in.  Can
>someone post that filter.

!(header.to="$c.acctid$" | h.cc="$c.acctid$" | h.Resent-To="$c.acctid$" | h.Apparently-To="$c.acctid$")

This filters all mail that is not directly addressed to the account id, to filter for only those in a particular address book, add the following:

!(h.fromid="$ab$")

This searches all address books, you can be more specific by using $ab.bookname$, where bookname is the name of the book you want to filter.  The ! in front of the strings represents a NOT statement, so the action of a filter like this would be to move the messages to your "spam" folder. The filter should look like:

!(header.to="$c.acctid$" |
h.cc="$c.acctid$" |
h.Resent-To="$c.acctid$" |
h.Apparently-To="$c.acctid$" |