[pmmail-list] Group messages and outbox

Wayne Dunham pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:57:33 -0400

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:53:06 -0700 (PDT), Tony Anton wrote:

>Just tried to send a group mailing. To my surprise, it didn't appear in the SENT folder but in the OUTBOX
>folder. How can I send the message from the outbox? What is the purpose of the outbox? There is no entry
>for the term in the help index.

  That's where your mail goes while it awaits processing.(i.e. getting
sent out)  Check the properties (Account-> Properties on the menu of
the main screen) for that Email account and see if "Send Immediately"
is checked.  If so it should have been sent as soon as you hit the send
button after composing the mail.  Check to see if there was some kind
of error while sending the mail, like a communication error with your
ISP's mailer or something. (Account-> Error Log on the menu on the main
screen).

  If not, try resending by using the F5 key (Account-> Send Queued
Messages on the menu on the main screen).  This sends anything in your
Outbox waiting to be sent, whether you have PmMail set up to mail
manually (unchecked Send Immediately above along with Send after Fetch
unchecked), or if there was some error in sending the message.

  I run into this sometimes with my ISP in the wee hours of the
morning.  Occasionally the mail portion of my ISP will be down for a
few minutes (regular housecleaning/maintenance?) and I'll have to
resend occasionally.

  My guess is there was some kind of error in the sending of the
message the first time which left it in your outbox for it to try again
the next time.

     Wayne Dunham
     waynedunham@email.com