[pmmail-list] next beta and problem with 2578

Brandon King pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 19:21:46 -0400

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 21:18:17 +0200 (CEST), Menno Tillema wrote:

>I have one question though, it might be useful to indicate if a
>"beta" release is stable enough for production use

I may not have specifically addressed whether or not to use the past few releases (post 2502) for "production" scenario's, but I did make it clear that
there was very little testing performed with these betas. We do our best to release only stable code, and for the most part have done exactly that. If
anyone has been negatively affected by installing any of these betas, I apologize. However, I do encourage you to read all information on this list and
note that it is still considered a beta, was only released to this list and all bugs found were immediately posted here on this list.

build 2577 release
>On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 17:54:03 -0400, PMMail 2000 Support wrote:

>>I am releasing this the same as I did the last beta, only to the list
>>until I have the chance to work with it a little more. I just received
>>this build from Peter 30 minutes ago...

build 2578 release
>On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:01:07 -0400, PMMail 2000 Support wrote:

>>For those with a good backup, you can download this beta if you think
>>it fixes the issue that concerned you. Again, I have only worked with
>>this for an hour...

I had hoped these statements made it clear that this was truley _beta_ software. I realize that the current recommended releases are also labeled
beta, but none of these have been posted online for public download. Please let me know how I could better distinguish and clarify the status of
program releases.

> (when was the lastest official OS/2 and
>Win release? Ages ago?)

A point that I cannot argue very much except to say that we are currently doing everything we can to make an even better product on these and other
platforms. I think that we have a solid plan and things will not be rushed, instead we will focus on getting things right. As for the next official release, I
would hope that is coming within the next 2-3 weeks for Windows. Please see my previous posts (most recently, 7/25 "3 things, I suppose") for
information about the status of the OS/2 product.

Thank you,

Brandon King
Wilmington, NC