[pmmail-list] Re-index misses some folders?

Tim Roberts pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 01 Aug 2002 17:17:32 -0700

I have my own e-mail archive scheme.  It is a Python script that scans through
my most active PMMail folders, and moves everything older than this month into
a directory tree on my server in a packed, Unix-mailbox format by month that I
can search later.

After I finish doing all of the moves, I use Tools->Re-Index->Account to force
PMMail to update its index and remove all the now-missing messages.  Of the 16
folders I archive each month, most get re-indexed correctly, but for 4 or 5
folders, it acts like it skips the re-indexing.

All the folders (both successes and failures) are part of the main account.  I
don't see anything unusual in the folders that are skipped.  How does PMMail
decide which folders to re-index?  I find no "directory of folders" within my
account, so I assumed it was just "for all subdirectories ending in .FLD", but
that doesn't seem to be the case.

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.