[pmmail-list] Possible Bogus email - Claims to be from PmMail2000 Support

Robert Traynor (BobT) pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 05 Aug 2002 12:32:42 +1000

Hi Pmmail support,

I just received this email and want to check if it is in fact from PmMail.

While I most frequently lurk and keep note of what is going on,
I have in fact sent a message which was never answered.
In fact I did not expect an answer as I was just advising Trevor that a
old fault had recurred and could be reliably re-created at will.

Is this email bogus.? And should I answer it.?

======Quote on=====

Message from the PMMail 2000 Bulletin Board

rtraynor,

Your registration to PMMail 2000 (http://www.ollieandmollie.com/cgi-bin/ib/ikonboard.cgi)
has been inactive for a few months and will be deleted from our database if you do not follow
these instructions within 30 days of the reception of this email.
To activate your account, simply click on the link below!
Please note, that if you don't activate your account within 30 days, you will have to re-register.

http://www.ollieandmollie.com/cgi-bin/ib/ikonboard.cgi?act=Reg&CODE=03&SID=3d4ddfb84e6efbfa

 AOL users: You may need to cut and paste that link into your web browsers address bar.
If you get an error, you may finish of the registration manually:

To do this, go to http://www.ollieandmollie.com/cgi-bin/ib/ikonboard.cgi?act=Reg&CODE=05
and enter the following details when prompted :

Email Address:  deleted
Unique Code:  deleted

Thanks!

The PMMail 2000 Team
======Quote off=====

Regards,
Robert Traynor (BobT)

   ,-._|\       Robert Traynor        (BobT)
 /  Oz  \      email            rtraynor@optusnet.com.au
 \_,--.x/