[pmmail-list] Version 3 suggestion

John Swartzentruber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 15:34:53 -0400

Here is an interesting idea about a new type of spam filter:

http://www.paulgraham.com/spam.html

It is based on probabilities of words occuring in spam or in non-spam
messages. His suggestion is that an email program have two delete
buttons. A regular one and a "delete as spam" button. Users would have
their own spam filter data files.

Clearly not a trivial item, but I think that Peter would be interested
in reading it. I also think the first mail program to implement a 99.5%
accurate spam filter that has 0% false positives has a marketing angle
that can't be beat.