[pmmail-list] pmmail not deleting large attatchments from the server

Richard Grevers pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:31:58 +1200

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002 18:24:17 -0700, Marty Rimpau wrote:

>Hello list, this has probably been discussed before, but this is a very
>annoying problem in that whenever I get a large attatchment, let's say
>5 megs or more, it may even do it with  attatchments under 4 megs by
>the time windows encodes them, and the problem is, that they aren't
>being deleted from my server, and I'm wondering if this is a pm mail
>problem, or a problem with the mind spring server?  I just checked, and
>the leave all messages on server is unchecked, so, is this pm mail, or
>what?  I'm using version 2581.  Thanks for helping in advance.

It's most likely a limit on the server. Limits of 4MB are quite common
(and 1 or 2MB on some cheaper services).

The options are:
1) to request (and possibly pay for) customized settings
from your ISP - you'll probably need to convince them that the large
messages will never reside there for more than an hour or two.
2) arrange with your correspondent to make such transfers by FTP,
which is much more efficient anyway.

--
This mail is a natural product.  The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.