[pmmail-list] Beta Status?

PMMail 2000 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 17:24:15 -0400

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:17:15 -0400, Ralph Cohen wrote:

>Can you please update us on the status of the next beta?

Progressing! :)

Peter sent me a new build about 2 hours ago and I have found and he is
correcting several minor problems. I know this is getting to be an old
refrain, but we are working on this, he has done an outstanding job to
get the code cleaned up and the problems we are starting to see are
just miracles that they worked before. He did tell me that he has
corrected ALL memory leaks for certain, the dial-up problem is resolved
(there was a problem with the controls the new compiler was using, he
has fixed that and I have seen it work correctly on both Win2k and 98
with the new build), full message headers are printing when requested
and several more message display problems have been resolved.

There were one or two problems that popped up with this beta concerning
the filter list, remote control and RMB addition of names in the TO:
field, that I found so far. He is also still working to correct the
problem reported here with moving folders and messages 'disappearing'
until restarting PMMail. More or less he is going to rework how PMMail
assigns file names in folders since this is the source of the problem
(the file path that PMMail was looking for to display the messages was
hard-coded into each folder index, that is what he will be changing).
Sounds like quite a task, but he said it should only take about 2-3
hours tops and he will begin first thing in the morning.

So, it looks like tomorrow afternoon we will try again. Either way, I
will post the beta I have now, or the new one tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks,

Brandon King, PMMail 2000 Technical Support
support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
http://www.pmmail2000.com