[pmmail-list] Future version suggestion [resend].

Guillaume Gay pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:08:33 +0200 (CDT)

Bonjour,

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 12:15:58 -0400, Ralph Cohen wrote:
>On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:41:26 -0400 (EDT), Gary DiPillo wrote:
>

>>I think that an even better solution would be to do what Netscape does,
>>which is to allow a template to be created and Saved As... a template.
>>They are kept in the template folder.  When selected for use, the
>>template remains in the folder but provides the contents for the mail,
>>including "standard" attachments if appropriate.  It's a real timesaver
>>and prevents errors.
>>

>PMMail's Canned Replies function allows you to do this, i.e. create
>templates for standardized letters although it does not include
>attachments.
Of course but Templates would be far easier to manage/edit/modify. It is
sometimes easier (read faster) to find/edit/delete a message placed in the
right (sub-)folder than
 - to open the "Canned Replies" tab in the properties notebook,
 - find the canned Reply in a (sometimes huge) list,
 - and then edit/delete it.

Moreover, a canned reply can't fill the "From:", "To:", "Bcc:" (or *any*)
fields. A template could/should allow this.

A template could also be dragged and dropped on a user or a group in the
address book. Isn't "Drag'n'Drop" a wonderfull feature we all injoy
nowadays? (:-)

Templates and Canned Reply are IMHO quite differents and can be used
together. A template is used to define a message as a whole, a canned reply
defines the content.

This features has already been proposed in this list years ago (by me and
others)...

Personally I also like the concept of "personas" we can find in PolarBar
Mailer.

All these features would be very usefull in an office. And it is enough
platform independent, I guess.

--
   __     | |               "Ich bin ein Merliner" (:-)