[pmmail-list] What about This scenario....

PMMail 2000 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 18:02:19 -0400

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:17:21 -0500, Wendell Brown wrote:

>I just got the attached message.  It ONLY has a Text/HTML segment...
>the segment DOENS'T have the < H T M L > tag in it but it does have
>html formatting.... needless to say, it doesn't display very well in
>2.20.2581 with the "View Text" setting (or maybe without).

FIXED! Sorry I didn't reply, I just bounced it directly to Peter along
with one or two other problem child messages and this message now
displays correctly if you have the 'View HTML portion...' option
checked in preferences. If not, you see nothing but HTML code since the
message is designated as text/html with no other alternative display.
Also, the beginning HTML tags were placed into every message so that
when the message content was passed to an external editor, the external
program would recognize it as HTML and display it correctly. In order
to correctly display HTML code without processing it, Peter has had to
remove these tags on every message and only apply them when the 'View
HTML...' option is checked. ...I think I said HTML way too much in that
paragraph... :)

We are still working on correcting a new problem with the remote
control window not refreshing and with re-indexing. Actually, the
re-index bug has been around for awhile; if a messages Date: header
does not contain the full time format including seconds, the time is
changed to the current system time. Peter is changing the code to
accept a wider variety of time formats.

As soon as we get those fixed I will likely go ahead and post them to
the FTP site so that everyone can get a look at the changes/fixes for
the Windows version. Peter should have the new build first thing in the
morning, and I will post it right away.

Thanks,

Brandon King, PMMail 2000 Technical Support
support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
http://www.pmmail2000.com