[pmmail-list] Ooops followup

Oberon pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:31:29 -0500

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:35:40 -0400, John Swartzentruber wrote:

>On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:26:58 -0500, Oberon wrote:
>
>>Windows XP, PMMail Professional Version 2.20.2608:
>>
>>Went to create a subfolder to be named "Marian" under the main account
>>incoming folder, and the result was a folder named "Maria0.FLD"
>>
>>----------
>>
>>Renamed the folder successfully, and could copy mail to it.  The folder
>>turned read, although each of the messages had been read.  Tried to read one,
>>got a message saying that the file could not be found and that the folder may
>>need to to be re-indexed.  Ran a re-index on the folder and all the messages
>>disappeared from the folder.
>>
>>Apparently needs some work <G>.
>
>Maybe this is a stupid question,

No, because in debugging we should be as specific as possible...

>but your description sounds like you
>aren't creating the folder from within PMMail. Are you?

No, the procedure followed was:  Right-click on the Inbox folder to bring up
the folder creation menu, then choose "Child"

>Peter will
>probably want details of exactly how you are creating and renaming the
>folder.

But of course he will.

--
It's as easy to be a Pagan in the city as in the country. It's harder
to be a Pagan in the suburbs.