[pmmail-list] Inter-OS Address Book Sharing Problem

James F. Marshall pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 13:05:03 -0700 (PDT)

I have both the OS/2 and Win versions, but on different
machines.  This problem first developed _before_ I upgraded both
to the latest beta.

The Win version at work always has the latest address book.  I
recently email a copy of the Win address and book DB files to my
home, OS/2 box.  I sorted them on my OS/2 box, left them there,
and emailed the sorted DB files back to my Win box.  They are
okay on the Win Box.  However, on my OS/2 box, post-sort, I now
see three (3) occurrences of each entry, like this:

Alias1
Alias1
Alias1
Alias2
Alias2
Alias2
Alias3
Alias3
Alias3

I sort with a .cmd file that has the following contents:

	COPY BOOKS.DB BOOKS.BAK
	SORT <BOOKS.BAK >BOOKS.DB
	ADDRSORT.EXE

I use addrsort.exe dated 6-27-97, from the days of BoB and
Icon!.

Anyone else see this?
--
Jim