[pmmail-list] HTML formatting

Wayne Dunham pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 02 Dec 2002 17:34:27 -0500

On Mon, 02 Dec 2002 09:30:54 -0800, Tim Roberts wrote:

>Not so.  PMMail has its own internal (and extremely limited) HTML renderer.  It
>understands a very, very small subset of HTML tags, and renders those half-
>heartedly.  It does not speak HTTP at all, so it will not, for example, follow
>IMG links to fetch images.

  My only wish for PmMail's limited HTML support is to have the URL
links somewhere near the text in the message.  It's a real pain having
to search through a message looking for the clickable link to a URL
that's got the highlighting.

  It doesn't happen in every message, I'm guessing it's the ones with
heavy HTML code.  It just seems that more and more of them are like
that as more people think it's acceptable to put HTML in Email.  Other
than URL's I can't thnk of anything else that belongs in an Email. (He
said, hoping fervently that it doesn't add to the HTML wars.)

     Wayne Dunham
     waynedunham@email.com