[pmmail-list] PC Freezes when downloading mail

Jon Etkins pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 05 Dec 2002 18:37:11 -0600

On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 17:59:33 -0500, John Swartzentruber wrote:

>Nothing. I have a hardware router/firewall computer that protects me
>from most stuff. I was using ZoneAlarm to keep software from connecting
>out of the network without me knowing it. It is a good thing to have,
>but the cost (locked systems) was too high for the benefit.

FWIW, my setup is very similar, and I use the freeware Sygate Personal
Firewall.  Very happy with it (especially for the price!), and have never
experienced the lockups folks are describing.
http://soho.sygate.com/products/shield_ov.htm