[pmmail-list] Wish list: account location

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 18:58:15 +0100 (MEZ)

On Tue, 24 Dec 2002 08:50:48 -0500, Wayne Dunham wrote:

> >------ cut ------------------------
> >Set WShShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
> >set objArgs = WScript.Arguments
> >WShShell.Popup  objArgs(0),0,"The filename of the message selected is",64
> >----------- off --------------------
> >

>   That doesn't work properly on my system.(W98Se)  All I get is
> "E:\Program" returned with either script.  My PmMail folder is located
> in "E:\Program Files\PmMail".
>   Looks like the space in the folder "Program Files" is causing the
> trouble.

  Obviously WScript looks at spaces as separators of parameters.

  So we have to get the script to display everything what the script sees as
separate parameters. A little loop will do:

------ cut ------------------------
Set WShShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
set objArgs = WScript.Arguments
Dim msgpath
For i = 0 TO objArgs.Count - 1
  msgpath = msgpath & objArgs(i) & " "
Next
WShShell.Popup  msgpath,0,"The filename of the message selected is",64

   Maybe there are other ways to do it, but this should work. At least it
worked on my system, where there is no blank in the filename.

   Have fun, and happy holidays to everyone.

Yours,
Lüko Willms