[pmmail-list] peculiarity with 2661 and Norton 2001

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:45:21 -0800

Hi list, I've noticed twice, now, since I reinstalled my Norton 2001,
that what would happen with pm mail version 2661, and Norton 2001 is
that a certain number of messages would be downloaded, yet, the total
number of messages was higher than those being downloaded, by that, I
mean that at first, pm mail would say something like getting message 23
of 390, but then it would finish its' fetch, and say last fetched, and
say something like 210 new, but then I would hear more messages being
fetched, and this happened today, when it said it was getting 390
messages, but it stopped at 210, and I wondered where the other
messages went, and then it fetched 173 more messages, but there was no
break in the connection to the smtp server, so, what is going on?  For
accessibility reasons, I'd rather not upgrade to Norton 2003, unless I
have to, and yes, that old pesky problem of being thrown off the smtp
server, if you have Norton set to ask me what to do under options, and
email, in the five item combo box, and to avoid this, you have to tell
Norton to automatically delete the offending attachment.  Sorry if I'm
not making sense, but this is the second time that the incomplete
fetching of mail has occured, leading me to wonder where the other
messages went.  I am using kerio personal firewall, but I think this is
a Norton problem.  Thanks for any assistance you can give.
Marty