[pmmail-list] PMMail STRIP Utility [Was: Additional feature. . .]

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 01 Feb 2002 19:29:33 +0100 (MEZ)

On Fri, 01 Feb 2002 12:44:29 -0500 (EST), Carl Gehr wrote:

> Also, it does NOT change the file size *IF* PMMail/2 is OPEN.
> I just stripped a file that had a 709K file attached.  The
> DIR listing now shows that the message file itself is 4527
> bytes long.  BUT, the message display window [And the BAG
> entry] still shows:
> 	 709K
> For some reason, it is not changing the size nor the "K"
> to "KB".

  This is because PMMail keeps the contents of the FOLDER.BAG in
memory all the time and does not access the file to check if any
other utility might change it. It could even happen that any changes
to the FOLDER.BAG are overwritten by PMMail at program close or when
it wants to update the file itself.

  I learned it the hard way when I wrote a REXX script to delete
files from the Trashbin.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main