[pmmail-list] BSW

Michael Lueck pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 03 Feb 2002 11:45:21 -0500

On Sun, 03 Feb 2002 17:38:44 +0100 (MEZ), Lueko Willms wrote:

>> I've offered consulting services for designing a LAN
>> version of PMMail.
>
>  What could that be besides adding IMAP, and bringing the LDAP
>support up to full level?

Not exactly sure what IMAP is, though I do know a bit about LDAP. My idea was
to slightly tweak their existing code to support group accounts with message
locking, etc... and also shared address books. Depending on who you "logon" to
PMMail as, it knows specific accounts / AD books are associated with you, the
paths they are located at, etc... The idea was not not require any sort of
special server piece - just a dumb file server. I'm guessing IMAP works with a
specific server service across TCP/IP and a specific port number?
Client/server?

Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems
http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/