[pmmail-list] [pmmail-list The Dark Side

Martin Moran pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 07 Feb 2002 21:24:02 -0700

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:23:19 -0500, Wayne Dunham wrote:

>And yet still, the *Evil Empire* rules the planet, thumbs their nose
>at the Justice Dept cronies that were bought, threatened and
>intimidated into shirking their duties. <sigh>

Guys, until someone is willing to take Bill Gates' glasses off his
face, struggle to Mt. St. Helen's in southern Washington State, and
have Larry Ellison bit off the "chosen one's" hand and plummet into the
bubbling tar and lava - Microsoft will dominate the markets of their
choice.

Interesting problem, actually.  My Palm III recently died Beyond All
(Cost-Effective) Repair.  Now, I'm in the market for a new handheld.
Hmmm... the Pocket PC 2002 or whatever they are are REALLY attractive,
esp. considering they can link with Outlook (Exchange at work, sorry,
have to) blindfolded.  And no kludges in the Office document
department.  And let's face it - MS will win because there is more than
one hardware manufacturer.  I learned my lesson from OS/2 and Warp.
I'm going with the WindowsCE, or whatever it's called this week,
platform.
Martin Moran                 ommoran@telusplanet.net
Edmonton, Alberta         e-mail for my PGP key

"When you're caffeinated, all is right with the world"