[pmmail-list] PMMail and Odin

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 09 Feb 2002 00:26:39 +0100 (MEZ)

On Fri, 08 Feb 2002 22:50:33 +0100 (MEZ), Lueko Willms wrote:

>   Another workaround would be to use an intermediary for submitting
> SMTP.

  I just got the following on the VOICE-News mailing list:

------- cut here -------------------------
From: tam@gmx.de (Timo Maier)

ZxMail Email server for OS/2 version 1.1.0

it is a Full multi domain POP3 and SMTP server, it also acts as a
client
to fetch mail from external POP3 accounts to redistribute to a domain
or
specific users. It gives the greatest flexibility for Soho's ZxMail
was
previously distributed to private clients, ZxMail was designed has a
Native OS2 Server to create the best POP3 and SMTP server running on
OS2.

Also available at no cost are programmers library for C, Vispro Rexx,
Vispro C and C++

Program URL: http://www.zeryx.com

Additional requirements: Warpin to install, 32 bit tcpip stack to run
it,
i.e 4.0y, 4.1 and up

http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/incoming/zxmail.zip
http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-search?key=zxmail.zip

  I visited http://www.zeryx.com and found this statement:

    ZxMail supports SMTP AUTH command with
    CRAM-MD5, PLAIN, LOGIN mechanism.

  and downloaded a version which is, as far as I understand, free for
1 or 2 users. Versions for more users have to be paid.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main
/ Lueko.Willms@T-Online.de