[pmmail-list] Yahoo! to use Authenticated SMTP

Brian Morrison pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 13:43:07

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002 12:06:15 +0100, xavier caballe wrote:

>>I've been getting notices about Yahoo! mail moving to Authenticated SMTP instead of just plain SMTP.
>>I've tried checking the box (v 2.20.2300) and filling in user name and password but the attempt to
>>send is always rejected.
>
>I didn't have any problem this morning to receive my mail from Yahoo! Mail
>using PMMail and plain SMTP...

It may be that they haven't yet enabled smtp auth so any attempt to
negotiate it fails anyway. If they said the end of January presumably
they had a reason for that date.

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails