[pmmail-list] Problem with PMMSend from a filter

Simon Wright pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 13:41:25 +0100 (CET)

Hi:

I'm trying to put together a filter and PMMSend to send out a
message on receipt of a particular incoming message. My filter
can find the message and pmmsend will find all the requirements
and send the new message. The problem is that even though PMMail
is running, PMMSend does not detect it and says mail is queued.
Nothing shows up in the Outbox until I re-index the box, then
the messages appear correctly and are sent. Without re-indexing
nothing is sent.

Running the REXX cmd file without PMMail running gives the same
message ("PMMail is not running, message will be queued") but on
starting PMMail, again nothing shows up in the Outbox until the
folder is re-indexed.

Looking at the folder.bag, the messages show up correctly there.

Running PMMail 2.20.2380 under OS/2.

Here is my command line:

/* */
dir=directory('g:\apps\pmmail')
'@pmmsend /m z:\email\data\files\virus_update.txt "user
<user@domain.com>" "FYI - Virus definition updates available"
z:\email\data\DIVER00.ACT'

and here is the output:

 PMMSend/2 v2.20                            By: Blueprint
Software Works, Inc. C
urrent working path is: G:\apps\pmmail

PMMSend started successfully in Message mode...

    ...Sending file:  z:\email\data\files\virus_update.txt
    ...Sending to:  user <user@domain.com>
    ...Sending with subject:  FYI - Virus definition updates
available
    ...Sending from account:  z:\email\data\DIVER00.ACT

PMMail is NOT running....Queuing message...

The only other thing that might be relevant is that I run PMMail
on G: and my mail data is on Z:, however it appears that PMMSend
can find everything it needs.

Any thoughts as to what I've missed would be gratefully received
:-)

Thanks,

Simon Wright.
diver 0 6 at attglobal dot net